We dance with purpose and abandon.
We dance like our ancestors around a fire.
We dance with joy and enthusiasm. We dance without reservation.
We dance because we can no longer not dance.
-Rochelle Schieck, Founder of Qoya
Are you curious about becoming a Qoya teacher?
In it’s native language of Quechan, the word Qoya translates to mean Queen. Not in the way we are used to imagining a queen, however. Qoya is not a bejeweled, authoritative, ruler of all the land. Qoya is a female manifestation of higher consciousness. Rather than being a ruler, she is a leader. She sources her power from not from force or hierarchy, but from deep within herself through her intuition and through surrendering to dancing with the divine.
For every woman who dances Qoya, this power is brought forth. For some, they feel called to integrate this power more fully into their lives by becoming a Qoya teacher.
The benefits to being a Qoya teacher are immense. Some examples of these benefits are:
- Creating Community - Qoya brings out the most incredible wise, wild and free women alive. Simultaneously, by participating in Qoya each woman is on this journey together, creating connectedness and community.
- Personal Fitness - The accountability of teaching a Qoya class brings more dedication to your practice, leading to and increased level of personal strength and fitness, as well as an incredible connection to your body and creativity.
- Leadership Through Dancing Your Truth - Every Qoya class has the same structure, but each Qoya class is also different, as it is always based around a theme. Qoya is a way to express through movement your truth and inspirations. Examples of themes: are gratitude, letting go, the seasons, feeling as much as you can. Anything that inspires you: the newness of spring, a favorite song, or piece of art, a relationship; all of it is relevant in the dance of Qoya. In addition, each student sets their own intention at the beginning class, creating a beautiful tapestry of transformation throughout the class.
- Additional Income - Woop-woop!! $$$$$$
- Increased Tolerance for Fun and Pleasure! - Teaching Qoya is one of the most fun, rewarding, creative experiences a woman can have. For those seeking a creative fitness career, or a creative outlet to dance and embody their wise, wild, free feminine soul, Qoya is the place to be.
Why is this an Intro to Teacher Training?
Becoming a teacher will be a life long journey and is not something that can be learned fully in one day. This is your starting point to learn all the concepts of Qoya in theory and practice, but your development as a teacher will occur as you begin to teach. In addition to extensive online support on www.EmbodyQoya.com, the community of Qoya teachers is extremely supportive and collaborative. You will be supported on each step of your journey as a Qoya teacher.
Will I be a certified teacher after the training is complete?
There will eventually be 3 rounds of Qoya teacher training. 1st round will be a two day Intro to Qoya Teacher Training. The second round is an Initiation to Qoya Teacher Training which is at a week long Qoya Retreat. The third round is a Qoya Intensive, which is a 2 week intensive into the heart and soul of Qoya. There are no pre-requisites to take the Qoya teacher training, and you will receive a signed letter confirming that you have completed the Intro to Qoya teacher training. To be listed as a teacher and promoted on Qoya’s various websites, you must submit a video of yourself teaching a Qoya class to Team Qoya, or have a Teacher Trainer (Rochelle, Kitty or Colleen) attend your class. You must also sign the Qoya Teacher Training Agreement.
I am interested in the teacher training itself, but I’m not sure if I want to teach. Is that ok?
If you are a regular Qoya participant, teacher training is an amazing way to bring more structure and inspiration to your personal practice, and to go deeper into the fundamentals of Qoya.
Similarly, if you are new to Qoya and wish to dive deep with the practices of Qoya, teacher training is a wonderful way to submerge yourself in all things wise wild and free.
Will we be dancing the whole time?
No. There will be dancing for sure, but no more than you can handle! The teacher training is comprised of conversation, lecture, exploring the 13 pillars of Qoya, teaching segments to one another, and receiving information through movement.
Join us the weekend of May 4th and 5th to dive deep into the practice of Qoya to learn to share with your community or help you create your own home practice. We begin Saturday, May 4th from 2-10pm and Sunday, May 5th from 2-5pm. at Surya Yoga 1501 Main Street #106, Venice, CA 90290.
Questions? Email: email@example.com